What I Learned About Protecting My Family Against Evil From a Snake
I kept the door shut until the snake had passed it, then took a broom and flung him back out into the yard from whence he’d come.
I learned a few things from that experience.
- Even when I’m careful, evil can enter. I have to be on constant guard.
- If I neglect a single one of the many precautions against uninvited danger (like a screen), evil can enter.
- The priesthood is the perfect power to call upon when evil threatens and you want it gone.
- My will and the priesthood holder’s will are not always the same, but theirs can be trusted.
- Sometimes the priesthood will delegate to me so that I can learn courage and strength.
- Once admitted, evil will find every way it can to re-enter. I must be vigilant.
- We mothers need to stick together in order to keep evil out of our homes.
- Evil should be kept as far away as possible.