Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Now where did I put those last two brain cells?

Last week, I got all ready for work only to discover that Lloyd had taken my keys to work. I called him and said, “You want to check your pockets?” He cussed a little and asked if I wanted him to bring them to me. I said I’d get a ride to town if he’d bring them to my office. Which he did.

Around 4:30, after a hectic work day, I was clearing off my desk so my friend could take me to my car, and right there in the middle of my desk was a set of keys that looked a lot like mine. I couldn’t figure it out. I thought, “did I have these all morning? I could have driven myself to work after all?” I was mystified. I called Lloyd.

Me: "So when I called you this morning and said to look in your pocket for my keys, did you even look?"

Him: "Um…yeah"

Me: "And they were there?" (Okay, I was a little sarcastic that he was toying with me like this)

Him: "Um…Yeah."

Me: "Then how come there’s a pair of keys that look exactly like mine in the middle of my desk?"

Him: (quietly, and probably a little scared) "Because I brought them to you this morning."

Me: *stunned silence*

So it appears that not only did I forget that Lloyd had brought me my keys at 9 a.m. that morning, but also that I had set them on my own desk seconds before I called him.

I fear it’s only going to get worse…