Tuesday, January 26, 2016

What will you be able to say about me today?

From being diagnosed with breast cancer in May of 2014 to sepsis and pneumonia last fall to pulmonary embolisms as recent as two months ago, plus a family member’s addiction throughout, this year+plus has continued to surprise me. I noticed, that uncharacteristically for me, I have been uber-focused on all I can’t do now. All I don’t have. Energy for one. Clarity of mind for two. Enough breath some days for three. Any confidence in my talents, for four. (I’m a list-maker, so I could go on and on.)

But how would that help this present moment in which I find myself? 

So I began to scroll through some inspirational FB sites and came upon one that changed me somehow. Here’s the email I just sent my writing partner:

Hi C,

It appears that it's taken me longer to come back to myself after this round of illnesses. Some of it is a lot of blah blah blah that ends with not enough oxygen to my brain, which is now being remedied to some extent. I've spent this last month seeking things that inspire me, wanting to write but not knowing where to begin, and letting that lack of knowing scare me from putting pen to paper, or fingers to keyboard. 



Today I was scrolling through some inspirational FB sites and found this image. It spoke to me, I felt filled with creativity and surprisingly, no fear. What you will be able to say about me today? This...